Industrial Control Panels/Motor Control Centers --> 409/430 VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

gappvembe

We can also make our own control panel as long as all the parts are UL listed and its inspected.
And how might you get away with this?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. My supervisor says whatever it takes to get the job done. Cost isn't that much of a concern to him. It's just, I've had all this schooling and experience doing exactly this, yet with out some kind of reprimanded approval with a sticker, I'm not supposed to touch it. It's almost like a little house. A main breaker. Switches that may or may not control lights. Switches which really control relays/coil, which control a motor. In this case that is all that is happening. I've done instances with PLCs and all the inputs and outputs on those machines. Those aren't pretty.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
And how might you get away with this?

Its allowed in our state electrical rules if permitted and inspected. Keep in mind some control components are not listed, they are recognized, shown by a backwards UR. Its a subtle but critical difference, as recognized components are only allowed where their is an overall listing on the product.
If you are going to make your own control panel, get a copy UL508A or NFPA 79, and follow the standard, just as you follow the NEC.

Last edited:

gappvembe

Status
Not open for further replies.