Burning pics w/ text to CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Is there a way to put explanatory text under my pics before burning to disk?

Thanks
Chris it is time to learn photoshop but you are too dang stubborn for that... Sooooooo... open up Paint which comes with windows. Go to start all programs, accessories, Paint.

See if that helps.

ITO

Print pic to PDF, then use Adobe or better yet Bluebeam to add text or comments then flatten the image.

Bluebeam is about $150 and is 100X easier to use than any Adobe product, and will do 99% of what the full version of what Acrobat will do.

mivey

If all you are doing is adding text, stick with the free Paint as Dennis suggested in #3. Save your money or you will buy a bunch of unused features.

If you have Office, you can paste the picture in any number of apps and add text to multiple pictures.

There are oodles of free software that will do the same thing.

That said, if you want to edit pictures, Photoshop is the gold standard, IMO.

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
Picasa, available from Google lets you add captions. AFAIK it is a free download.

It also allows albums to be created and will do editing like red eye fix and more.

mivey

I have 17 and 20 year old college students in the house. They will not tell me their secrets, what makes ya'll think I will tell you mine.
Oh, we already know all your secrets. You might want to be sure that integrated web cam & mic are off when you aren't using them. :grin:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Is there a way to put explanatory text under my pics before burning to disk?
A lot of how you do this is going to depend on the purpose. Once on CD, are you going to view them on a TV through a DVD player, for example? If so, adding text and resaving the picture in a DVD-player-compatible image format is required (usually the format is jpeg). If not, you can use any method you prefer... some of which have been noted by others... so long as the file format is likely to remain viable in the future (as all above mentioned methods appear to be at present).

Another method, if all you want is reminder text about the picture... but not necessarily displayed when you view the pictures, just open the picture Properties to Details and enter the your text in Comments. Of course this will likely limit future viewing of the text via a computer.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Another method, if all you want is reminder text about the picture... but not necessarily displayed when you view the pictures, just open the picture Properties to Details and enter the your text in Comments.

I do save all my pictures in jpeg. But I would like the test to display for the disk recipient to view.

And thanks all, I'm going to play with paint.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have 17 and 20 year old college students in the house. They will not tell me their secrets, what makes ya'll think I will tell you mine.
Oh, we already know all your secrets. You might want to be sure that integrated web cam & mic are off when you aren't using them. :grin:
And, stop posting in the nude! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.