Pic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistance

They extended a 14-2 from receptacle outlet box--using lamp cord. When the lamp cord is pluged-in, a remote receptacle outlet (Located above a fire place) works. :roll:

Last edited:

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I'm amazed at how many electricians don't know how to tell what's the hot and what's the neutral..

I'm not, it seems anyone can be an electrician nowadays. Some of the guys who went through the apprenticeship program with me who I thought didn't have a chance, turns out, I was wrong.:roll: Our program over here definitely needs to raise the bar.

i got called to a house to trouble shoot an electrical problem on an addition. When i tore into the receptacles i soon realized the homeowner wired it with brown extension cord wire and had a refrigerator and window unit running on one circuit. He told me he didnt have the money to fix it right so i told him he owed me nothing and i couldnt help him so i wouldnt be liable when the house burned up. Didnt happen though. A year later a tornado tore up half our town and his was one of em.

Working for a contractor in buisness for twenty five years, I chaged out some zip cord on a service call. No one in the office knew what it was I had charged out.
Like wise, when dealing with teleco two conductor direct burial wire "if ever again", which is which? I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.