LFMC fittings - direct buried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caligula

I know many brands of LFMC are listed for direct burial. However, I cannot find any fittings that are listed for direct burial.

I am trying to come out of a large jbox, below grade, and use flex conduit to avoid tree roots and hit a receptacle above grade. It has been recommended to me by a P.E. to use LFMC for this application.

Is LFMC the right conduit to use, and if so, who makes fittings listed for direct burial?

A little help for this lowly E.I.T., please.

raider1

Staff member
According to the UL white book conduit fitting listed for direct bury should be marked by either direct bury or DB.

Chris

Caligula

Clarification, just for the record, by "jbox below grade" I mean an ingrade box, with a top, like a quazite box.....

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Clarification, just for the record, by "jbox below grade" I mean an ingrade box, with a top, like a quazite box.....

Here is the NEC definition for the record.;)

Handhole Enclosure.
An enclosure for use in underground systems, provided with an open or closed bottom, and sized to allow personnel to reach into, but not enter, for the purpose of installing, operating, or maintaining equipment or wiring or both.

Caligula

I do not see where LFMC fittings are suitable for direct burial.

Art 356, LFNC-B fittings are listed for direct burial, but the straight fitting only. 356.42.

By 356.42, any LFNC fitting would be OK for direct burial, while only LFNC specifically listed for direct burial is allowed. Seems inconsistent.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.