Bid Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Its no wonder I can undercut everybody. Snow removal costs.:cool:

Substitute "Snow removal" with "Surf Board expenses" in your case.
358.gif

Ohmy

Whats funny is I have personally heard most of Jimsbush's response already...many on this board. You should just call this edited list "Jimsbush's Secrets to Success" and sell it for $29.95 a pop.

jmsbrush

is it better to hang in there barely breaking even or go out of business completely? thats the choice a lot of businesses face these days.
The thing is, it really doesn't have to be this way. When Things finally get better, how long will it take the low ballers to say, I need to raise my prices.
By then we will be on the down cycle again.

480sparky

The thing is, it really doesn't have to be this way. When Things finally get better, how long will it take the low ballers to say, I need to raise my prices.
By then we will be on the down cycle again.

Low-ballers raise their prices? I doubt it. Once the legit contractors start raising their prices when the economy straightens out,the low-ballers will stay where they are.

sparky 134

Gave a bid to replace 9-8 circuit fuse panels with Square D QO series 10 circuit breaker panels. Due to the space confinements I have to use panels that are only 9" wide (the panels are side by side and only a few inches apart)

Each panel would have a 2p60a back feeding the bus since Square D doesn't make a main breaker panel this small. Each panel would have 6 single pole breakers.

Have to replace the 1" nipples that feed each panel from a meter trough underneath so I included new nipples, grounding bushings, wire, etc.

My price was $2,850.00 which included labor (2 guys one day)/material/village fees of $300.00. Customer emails an estimate to me that was hand written and poorly at that with a price of $2,015.00.

So I analyzed the other contractors price and realized he had zero markup on his material and no village fees. The contractor broke down his labor and material separately.

I explained the differences to the customer but he is simply focused on the price. Even after I removed the village fees and adjusted my markup my price was still $2,375.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.