hot tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie Bob

after i posted i looked at the book and saw 334.80.Thanks.
But why do you think they would require the EGC be the same size as the ungrounded and grounded conductor? At this load (40 amp per manufacture name plate) it doesn't make sense to me? Maybe i'm missing something.
Besides #10 EGC would be sufficient per 250.120 table.

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
after i posted i looked at the book and saw 334.80.Thanks.
But why do you think they would require the EGC be the same size as the ungrounded and grounded conductor? At this load (40 amp per manufacture name plate) it doesn't make sense to me? Maybe i'm missing something.
Personally I think the manufacturer doesn't know why other then their legal dept is covering their butts. I wish they would prohibit the manufacturer from doing this esp. in this case.
Another case is hydromassage tubs where some installations require a #8 back to the panel-- another bs requirement, IMO

greenjeans

Inactive, Email Never Verified
i ran into the same thing with a spa in garage. had two outlets , one on wall(GFCI) and one for door opener.shoved tub back in coner(after ripping out the shevling unit). Then GFCI garage door outlet, was not required to bond trac for door opener. Owner didnt like it, but passed inspection.

ivsenroute

Don't forget they will need a minimum 20cfm continuous exhaust fan installed in the garage that will discharge directly to the outside now that the hot tub is installed

satcom

Where did you get that information?

It seems sometimes we forget the NEC is not the only codes we have to adhear to, we have the fire, mechanical, and a group of sub codes including local and State code additions, Some states also have rehap codes, so you need to stay current in all the related areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.