answer key for 2002 exam preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM72C

I am having a terrible time using the Mike Holt's Electrical Exam Preparation 2002 guide. I purchased the book last year and it was suppose to be a time filler for the last couple weeks of class. The instructor pretty much went over the first couple pages. We never did any of the practice tests or anything.
I have been started to use it to study for my exam. I have finished the first unit I answered all the questions on paper... guess what I don't have an answer key. I have contacted a couple of my old classmates and they didn't recieve an answer key either. I flipped through every page a thousand times there is no answer key in the book. Really I think it was a waiste of 70 bucks. I tried going to Barnes & Noble, and Borders they can special order the book but they still don't know if it will come with an answer key.
Sure I can call the Mike Holt enterprise inc phone number on Monday, but anticipation is killing me. I'm sure it will be days until I get a key, if one even exists. I looked all over online for the key. Does anyone have any ideas? :-?

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Welcome to the forum! :)

There is a reason MHE is number one one the web, and in what they do.

Call Monday, they'll have a record of when you purchased, and can email you an answer sheet.

They don't make money by baiting and switching - they help the industry, by helping it's members. Give them a call, Monday isn't that far away.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Unfortunately you will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

In the mean time you can click here for some quizzes with answers.

Roger

peter

I ran into the same problem with the 2002 book. For some unfathomable reason, an answer key was not included with the book. Since the bulk of the book is the questions, the lack of an answer sheet negates the value of the book. Totally.
I wrote to Mike Holt and actually got a personal reply from him. The owner of the publishing company sent me air express a copy of the answer sheet. Don't settle for less.
Perhaps the thinking is that the book would be part of a course and only the instructor would need an answer sheet. However the book is often used by independent readers such as yourself. I am surprised that they still sell it without an answer sheet.
I did place a review on Amazon.com which pointed out this fact and am not sure if that is still there. In any event, be wary of buying any Mike Holt product of this type.
~Peter

nakulak

I bought the whole 2005 set from Mr Holt, all the answer keys came with the books. I liked the fact that it had a separate answer key (worked for me)

CM72C

Well, I talked to the Fred guy and he said that the key is $10 plus $7.50 shipping. So that turns a 70 dollar book into a $97.50 book. Riiight. He said what I should do is get a refund from the school if I am not happy. The school said there is no way they are going to give me any instructor material and it is too late to get a refund, I already opened it. What is the publishers number?

joebell

Well, I talked to the Fred guy and he said that the key is $10 plus $7.50 shipping. So that turns a 70 dollar book into a $97.50 book. Riiight. He said what I should do is get a refund from the school if I am not happy. The school said there is no way they are going to give me any instructor material and it is too late to get a refund, I already opened it. What is the publishers number?

Did you buy the book from MHE or thru your school? I have been using Mikes books for a couple years now and have never run into not getting the answer key? Try sending him an email.

jumper

I just talked to Fred at MH, because I did not understand why you did not get an answer key with your book, it comes as a package,http://www.mikeholt.com/productitem.php?id=26&year=2002&from=All&type=Book. When you bought your book at the school bookstore, they must have removed it, which was stupid if you think about it. You can buy it straight from MH. plus cheating in an exam prep course is moronic, a person would only be hurting his chances of passing his state exam. You should be really mad at that store, they charged you 70$ for a 59$ book and removed the answer key. Check your PM later, Fred at MH told me to tell you about a deal he will give you that will get you the answer key for basically 7.50$ for shipping and handling. I do not want to post the details on line because I can not say MH can give it to everyone. Fred at MH did try to *69 your call, but the phone lines were acting up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.