FPLP-CI Reference in code books

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICK SANDERS

....I have a state fire official who is demanding us to install a FPLP-CI cable for a school fire sytem on the life safety circuits. all the wires for security, access control and cctv have been plenum rated. The state fire official says that he see;s referebces to FPLP-CI cable in the code books and that what he wants installed. I have tried to tell him that I cannot provide a cable that is marked FPLP-CI on the wire since it does not exist in the industry. He is standing his ground and tells me has been to fire seminars and even had a sample in his hand. I am still waiting for an answer from NEC and NFPA on why this cable is even mentioned in the code.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Actually such a cable is available. Look on page 7 of the document. Now the real question is if that type of cable is required for your installation.

nhfire77

He is demanding ci cable? Demand proof that ci is required. Is this taller tha three stories?

I would nail this guy down before I kill my self installing ci.

ron

Generally CI cable is only required for selective evacuation. That requirement is found in NFPA 72.
Other than that, I'm not sure it is required by a national code for fire alarm circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.