Question on classification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgeorge

I am having a hard time finding a code reference or section of the code that would define what a 15x15 wood framed shack at a local golf course would be considered. I have to rough in for receptacles,switches, a smoke detector...etc. I need to know if this would be considered a commercial application. I have looked up places of assembly and they don't quite fit the description. Any input greatly appreciated.:-?

rikthejman

Hello, this is my first reply so... Anyway, I am in Oregon and I do not know what your local codes are but I would treat any unknown as a question to the local AHJ which works around her and treat the shed being supplied by the branch circuit installed in accordance with Art. 250. I would think that you could just rope it if it will have enclosed walls, MC would have to be protected too. You could pipe it!:grin:Anyway, hope this helps.

RTJ

cschmid

what does the permit classify it as? other wise what is its use? otherwise a shed for storage is a unfinished storage building. what have to have a disconnect and GFCI protection.

bgeorge

Thanks for the response, but I neglected to mention that this structure has it's own electrical service, meter and all on the building. There is romex existing, but they have to bring the structure up to code due to their neglect of filing the necessary building permits.

cschmid

then what is the permit classify it as? other wise if it is storage unless local restrictions apply, romex is fine on wood walls unless exsposed to physical damage..wire accordingly.

bgeorge

sounds good....permit is not issued yet, they have to send a set of as-built drawings to the town. I just don't want to overbid the job by putting more than I have to in it.

cschmid

Have you inspected the job and is it descent quality? then are you tied to it for a year or is it a no warranty on job? What are some of the other issues you are going to encounter? are there changes to be made to the structure according to building codes? I would only give basic estimate and a per hour charge on everything outside of the basic make what is there code and any changes or extras are by the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.