Calling little Falls Inspectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistance

Wondering if any Little Falls Minnesota inspectors can tell me how they would handle a panel being changed in a space that does not meet clearance requirements--rather you use IRC, or NEC? Example: Panel is located in a Washer room. Below the panel is a washer and dryer. Contractor plans to replace the old panel with a new panel. Would you let the contractor keep the panel in the existing space, or have them move it.

My thoughts (assuming the situation is workable): It has to be moved. Depending on the install, it could be as easy as turning the panel around to the room behind it.

Also not from little falls - but I am interested in others opinions as well.

I have allowed the box to remain, if the change would require any more than turning the box around into another room. If that was NOT an option, I would rather have the box in the current location, than create the splices and extensions that would be required to move to an entirely new location.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Seems to me it would be a lot easier to move the washer or dryer. You only need 30" of horizontal working space.

Jim W in Tampa

Wondering if any Little Falls Minnesota inspectors can tell me how they would handle a panel being changed in a space that does not meet clearance requirements--rather you use IRC, or NEC? Example: Panel is located in a Washer room. Below the panel is a washer and dryer. Contractor plans to replace the old panel with a new panel. Would you let the contractor keep the panel in the existing space, or have them move it.

My thoughts (assuming the situation is workable): It has to be moved. Depending on the install, it could be as easy as turning the panel around to the room behind it.

Not exactly a good way to go but if you remove the washer and dryer for a few days then your problem went away.
If possable i would prefer to move panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.