Illegale Juntions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Welcome to the Forum. If you read 314.16(C)(2) it is legal but not very practical in real world installs.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Done it with metal lampholders at the end of conduit arms for signs. I remember reading something about having to use a conduit body one size larger than the conduit (apparently requiring reducing bushings), but two little oranges fit just fine in a 1/2" body.

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
Those are good wirenuts! Unfortunately my boss is to cheap to buy them or anything else of quality. His motto is "If I can't find it on EBAY I don't need it!!"

realolman

What do the wirenuts have to do with it?

I'm too lazy to look it up, but it seems to me it is the LB volume and the volume required for each wire that gets ya. :)

raider1

Staff member
What do the wirenuts have to do with it?

I'm too lazy to look it up, but it seems to me it is the LB volume and the volume required for each wire that gets ya. :)

Your right, wire nuts are not included in the volume calculations in 314.16 only the conductors are used.

Chris

realolman

The point was, try to get a "winged" ideal wirenut where a tan/yellow 3M was...

It wont fit. :)

Don't matter... you'd need at least a 1" LB to splice 2 # 14's anyway

Durn it ...you made me look it up.... #14 needs 2 cu in each ... 2 wires spliced = 4 ends = 8 cu inches ... need a 1" LB

http://www.jhlarson.com/ind_tables/fill/body_mall.htm

could be that the lid would allow you to use a 3/4 " ... I ain't looking that up:)

Status
Not open for further replies.