Anyone here NABCEP certified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownRiverGUy

Just wondering for two reasons...

As an engineer I am going to be writing spec on installing PV. Along with good drawings and specs I want to make sure the electrical contractor has some sort of PV experience. Would requiring a NABCEP installer on the job be a good addition to the spec?

Also if anyone has taken the certification... is it something that would benefit an Engineer? Or is there some other certification that would be more beneficial for those of us not in the field?

Thanks as always guys and let me know if any additional clarification is needed.:)

ty

Just wondering for two reasons...

As an engineer I am going to be writing spec on installing PV. Along with good drawings and specs I want to make sure the electrical contractor has some sort of PV experience. Would requiring a NABCEP installer on the job be a good addition to the spec?

Also if anyone has taken the certification... is it something that would benefit an Engineer? Or is there some other certification that would be more beneficial for those of us not in the field?

Thanks as always guys and let me know if any additional clarification is needed.:)

I don't know that it would really benefit the engineer. maybe whoever is getting the job done, which I guess could reflect on the engineer.

There are alot of good installers that do not have the NABCEP certification.

It is a certification, though. It's a place to get a level playing field.

I guess I'm no help.
I could take it or leave it. I'm not a total fan of NABCEP. Maybe in the future it will grow on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.