New insulation tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky_magoo

I am finally ready to buy an insulation tester. I am considering the Fluke 1507 and the Megger MIT230.

Any thoughts about which one is superior? Or should I consider something completely different?

ohmhead

Well its a good tester

We use it every job its tuff and the batterys last for a good 2 weeks and thats if you test 8 hours a day .

Last edited:

tkb

I use the Fluke 1587.
It is an insulation tester and multi meter combined.

Saves carrying around both.

sparky_magoo

I have a Fluke 87V and am happy with it. I don't need another multimeter or the added expense.

I had the original 87 and the display finally failed. Fluke couldn't fix it, so I had to buy a new one.

76nemo

I have a Fluke 87V and am happy with it. I don't need another multimeter or the added expense.

I had the original 87 and the display finally failed. Fluke couldn't fix it, so I had to buy a new one.

Than go with the 1507. Are you just going to use the IR tester for initial acceptance or maintenance as well???

sparky_magoo

I plan to use it for initial acceptance in the future. There isn't much commercial work in Reno right now.

I have never had a need for using an IR tester for maintenance records.

It will primarilly be used for testing suspect conductors and cables. At the moment, I want it for testing underground 25 pairs which have been causing problems since thr recent storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.