Spot the Turkey: Violation Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

Don't know if I should say, and maybe should go read my local Code(s), in NC it use to be 4 sq. min. now it's a 6 x4 treated wood post. Maybe it's even a 6 x6..

I don't see the tripod passing muster around here, even if Temp.

I don't ususally have to deal with this and usually just show up with the Band... :roll: Can I order dessert now?

Jim W in Tampa

I can't help but thinking that this tripod could easily be pushed over. Never seen one but sure seen some places i wish i had one. This is not service so poco not in picture. Are they ok with tripod on a service ? Not putting you down , i think you took a smart way out of a mess.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I can't help but thinking that this tripod could easily be pushed over.
Not so much as you might think, especially after it's staked down. In this case, with it being on a hill, I was sure to set one leg pointed straight downhill for maximum stability before staking.

Never seen one but sure seen some places i wish i had one.
Yeah, it's kind of annoying when the POCO doesn't go for it. Actually, comparing it to a 4x4 post, often it's much better. The dirt around here is like concrete, so you wind up with a 8" deep hole. Four stakes on a quadrapod is way better than that.

This is not service so poco not in picture. Are they ok with tripod on a service ?
About half the time, around here.

Not putting you down , i think you took a smart way out of a mess.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.