Boiler room ambient temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
I think it will be next to imposable to predict what the temp might be, a better plan is to keep as much as you can out of the boiler room and what has to be in there should be kept low on the walls and off of the ceiling.

Yeah, I know it can not be avoided in many instances.

DARUSA

Maximum ambient temperature of the boiler room

Maximum ambient temperature of the boiler room

How can I find the maximum temperature that a boiler room can have?

nakulak

1259385219.JPG

is that a 2" conduit entry into the top of this (looks like a 12x12x4) box ? (I can't tell - might be an 1 -1/2 ?)

nakulak

well if its 2" emt and its a 12x12 box, isn't that a violation ? (which pipe are the conductors going to ? 314.28)

Last edited:

ohmhead

Do anybody knows the rated ambient temperature inside the boiler room in a regular building?

Well ive done many commercial boiler rooms hotels office buildings power plants ect ect and no one has ever asked that question good point.

Never thought about temp the only wire we use is thhn in rigid conduit but most of the job specs say this distance from a steam line to be max 12 inches min 2 in thats a engineering thing and common sense.

Heres one for you the boilers in a plant and conduits which make connection to equipment meaning steam generating equip must have 5 foot of slack in connection to such equipment .

The first plant i ever worked on was a learning point this is why
Meaning blow off day.

That 5 foot of extra [ ST flex] when the boiler gets to temp after start up and they blow out the steam lines for 24 hours to clean out the piping the flex moved by the expanding boiler meaning the boiler itself expands by feet the sealite was almost straight up and down .

That said you will not have a problem with thhn just keep you load less than 80 %of your rated wire temp nec rule of thumb.

OOOH and this is for the electricians who have worked in a power plant watch out for them little 1/4 inch stainless steel steam lines used for temp gauges you know the ones that run out of plumb ive got the scars to prov this.:D

2X8 is a striaght plus all the rest on that wall 2x6 is you plus the rest on that wall.

Take Care be safe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.