Adding circuit to recessed panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

blingbling4r

What would be the easiest way to add a receptacle from the panel behind the wall?

I'm trying to not disturb the sheet rock too much. I was going to feed it with MC or Romex from the panel but as far as how to knock out the panel from the inside to fish the wire how does that work? How would you put a connector/bushing on from the inside of the panel? Thanks.

cpal

what size cable, can you snake the cable into a ko with the connector attached and run the ln from inside. Don't forget the PPE!!! (shut it down) :)

Cavie

What would be the easiest way to add a receptacle from the panel behind the wall?

I'm trying to not disturb the sheet rock too much. I was going to feed it with MC or Romex from the panel but as far as how to knock out the panel from the inside to fish the wire how does that work? How would you put a connector/bushing on from the inside of the panel? Thanks.

Somoebody makes a reverse strain grip plastic romex connector (Asshole) for application just as you discribe. It is installed from inside the panel after you pull the RX in. I just do not remember who. Ran into them while doing inspections.

peter

To remove a knockout from the inside of a panel or box:
Use a self-drilling tek screw into the knockout near the edge opposite of the [piece of metal that connects the knockout to the main body]. Grip with vise grips and pull in and off.
[Assuming the same stud bay,] attach your connector - without the lock ring - to the end of the wire and fish it in thru the hole and into your panel. Attach lock ring. Use an old work box. You don't have to worry about attaching to studs since this is old work.
Drywall isn't that hard to patch.
~Peter

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Knock a 1/2" knock out from the panel. Get a jack chain and drop it down the knock out-- if this is an interior wall. Once the jack chain is down go underneath and snake it out with a piece of wire or a fish tape. Same idea from overhead.

I just use those snap in RX connectors backwards and they work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.