Full time on site contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonburgFarmer

Does anyone have a contract for providing full time on-site, or schedualed part time service for a customer? I have a good customer, who I belive a agreement like this may be in our near future with. I am thinking of seting up a conex box (40' w/ office space) on site for materials, tools, planning, ect.

Just curious if and how this has worked for others. Anything or terms to stay away from? I have worked with this customer for 3 years, and they are one of our largest customers. Next year, they will have several sizeable renovation projects going on starting in January and lasting untill harvest season.

The customer is a grain elevator. Thanks for any input....

macmikeman

I've had to leave workers full time on site to complete a projects maintenance period of two years after the projects installation work was completed. Sent my crews elsewhere and left technical guys behind to keep it running right for the customer. Make double sure to figure out all onsite overhead, and cost of required offsite overhead which should also be marked up appropriately together. Onsite: tools, vehicles, office, materials, electronics, phones, fax, safety gear, electric bill, trash and toilet, on, and on, and on, ... Add for supervision. Offsite: part of your office operations, you, insurance, all the regular stuff at the proper percentage of your staff's time. Do not scrimp on projected offsite costs. edit to add: I do not have any prefab contract for it, it was part of the project specs from the get go.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Have never had to do this, usually companies that would need people there full time have their own staff. There is a major corp. in the next jurisdiction over that has a building inspector working full time just in their buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.