Electricians and Plumbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

Does any one know of a plumbing forum where I can go to check some of the info I get from plumbers while doing electrical work on the same job ? They have given me false info in the past just to make things easier on them.

Buck Parrish

Does any one know of a plumbing forum where I can go to check some of the info I get from plumbers while doing electrical work on the same job ? They have given me false info in the past just to make things easier on them.

Knawww! A plumber wouldn't do that.

nakulak

what kind of info are they jacking you around on ? the plumbing code is a smite easier to understand than the elect code, if that's the issue pick up a copy.

ceb58

Please give an example of why an electrician would want to take the word or advise of a plumber for electrical work.:confused:

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Please give an example of why an electrician would want to take the word or advise of a plumber for electrical work.:confused:

no its probably more along the lines of, "you can't put a light there because my pipe HAS to go in that wall".

I've seen it before, but I can be a real a-hole to work with, and if your stuff is in my way I can help you find a new spot for it whether you want it to or not. sometimes that's how you've got to be.

ceb58

no its probably more along the lines of, "you can't put a light there because my pipe HAS to go in that wall".

I've seen it before, but I can be a real a-hole to work with, and if your stuff is in my way I can help you find a new spot for it whether you want it to or not. sometimes that's how you've got to be.

I have ran into the same situation and I have "fixed it".
My question was more along the lines I have ran into. Plumber telling me that it was code that I must run #10 to feed a sewage pump. OK Mr. Rooter show me. Plumbing code for NC states that the pump must have a dedicated 20amp. circ. That's all. You pipe it. I will size the wire.

e57

Example: This "dirty arm" vent you speak of - you say it needs to be at 42" in line and conflict with all of the kit CT outlets? (BS)

That said I have also had hydronic guys think they know all kinds of electrical codes....

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I have ran into the same situation and I have "fixed it".
My question was more along the lines I have ran into. Plumber telling me that it was code that I must run #10 to feed a sewage pump. OK Mr. Rooter show me. Plumbing code for NC states that the pump must have a dedicated 20amp. circ. That's all. You pipe it. I will size the wire.

Yeh I've run into those situations too.

I just blow them off unless they have documentation that came with the product specifying a wire size.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Isn't the third one about something going down hill???
Yep, which is why I stopped at two.

Added: Years ago, I responded to someone's apology for something unimportant with "No BFD."

My son, a very smart 5 at the time, asked "What does 'no BFD' mean?",and I replied "No big deal."

After about a half a second of thought, he said "Awwww, I'm gonna tell Mom!" It was so cute! :)

Last edited:

daleuger

1) The boss is a _____

2) ______ rolls downhill.

3) Payday is Friday

4) Don't bite your fingernails.

From what I've seen they can be pretty flexible which side hot and cold are on. :roll:

How do you tell a plumber from a pipe fitter? Put one of each in a barrel of _____ and start shooting at them.
The pipe fitter will jump out.
The plumber will duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.