remote lighting controls YOU would recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

I need to remotely turn on two independent sets of carriage lights at the same time. The activation will come from a dry contact output. This will be a sustained (~3 min), but non-latching output. This is an existing construction situation. The lights are currently controlled by a SP switch.

I figure I will replace the SP switch with a X-10 or some other communication compatible switch. The output will come from another area of the house.

I know about x10pro.com, but was hoping there was another brand. Their website is, well, stupid looking to me.

I found smarthome.com and their insteon line. Seems better than the x-10 line.

Any other ones, that are decent, out there?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I'd pick Insteon over X10, which is geared more to the DIYer. There are others, but I'm not that well versed in them.

nhfire77

Its not an optimal solution, but the house just went through a huge renovation and complete basement finishing, so cutting holes and/or fishing anything is out.

aline

I need to remotely turn on two independent sets of carriage lights at the same time. The activation will come from a dry contact output. This will be a sustained (~3 min), but non-latching output. This is an existing construction situation. The lights are currently controlled by a SP switch.

I figure I will replace the SP switch with a X-10 or some other communication compatible switch. The output will come from another area of the house.

I know about x10pro.com, but was hoping there was another brand. Their website is, well, stupid looking to me.

I found smarthome.com and their insteon line. Seems better than the x-10 line.

Any other ones, that are decent, out there?
Here's a link to a site. Check out their z-wave products.
http://homeseer.com/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.