Critters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich000

Customer called and said they had issues with a couple of switches. Said one kind of crackled when operating, the other did not work (for garbage disposal). Opened up the box and found this.

I also found neutrals under wire nut not twisted together (another big yeah for pre-twisting!), open holes in the box, no grounds to switches or box (just twisted together in the back).

Last edited by a moderator:

mcclary's electrical

I worked in an unfinished basement last week. There was about a 1/2" gap between the porclein lamp holder and the metal box it was mounted to. In between the box and lamp holder was a dead BAT! He had climbed in ( for warmth I suppose) and got his foot against the hot terminal. Poor bat.:roll:

jimmyglen

We had a job that every year or so we had to go remove a dead mouse from a 3 phase panel - they made nests between the bus bars

it was located in the company lunch room

I closed up the open knock out that they were coming in from and solved the issue

- now I think I should have left it open - we need the work :(

mtfallsmikey

I worked in an unfinished basement last week. There was about a 1/2" gap between the porclein lamp holder and the metal box it was mounted to. In between the box and lamp holder was a dead BAT! He had climbed in ( for warmth I suppose) and got his foot against the hot terminal. Poor bat.:roll:

Kind of like the CAC condensing unit I opened up at a church some years ago...a small mouse was being chased by a baby copperhead snake into the J-box with the contactor in it, both were fried. Direct short across 240v.

Status
Not open for further replies.