Lighting Submittals

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaw0486

I was awarded this project and bought out my lighting package and submitted my submittals within a week. It has been over 2 months since and i have not received my approved submittals and the engineer has approved them the GC is negrecting to turn them over. I would like to send a letter to the GC consolidatting my effort and awaring him that my company will not be held accountable for any loss in schedule due to his neglagance of not turning over the approved submittal. Has anyone ever done this? Do you feel it would be effective?

I was awarded this project and bought out my lighting package and submitted my submittals within a week. It has been over 2 months since and i have not received my approved submittals and the engineer has approved them the GC is negrecting to turn them over. I would like to send a letter to the GC consolidatting my effort and awaring him that my company will not be held accountable for any loss in schedule due to his neglagance of not turning over the approved submittal. Has anyone ever done this? Do you feel it would be effective?

Yup............ Submittals for record only. Ordered per Bid scheduled documents and schedules.

Just say that fixtures have been released per CD documents to meet the project schedule. Either that or say that the order will not be released until approved submittals are in your hands.

shaw0486

I feel that i should have in the letter all the times that i have send emails to them regarding the submittals and got no response

ron

shaw0486,
Do you get to sit in on owner/arch/contractor meetings?
Just mention to the Architect that you are awaiting their return submittals, and they will then throw the GC under the bus quick.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
A phone call might be the easiest way to get results.

Sometimes emails and letters just aren't quite as effective as a person to person conversation.

But I hate writting letters.

Steve

cadpoint

Yup............ Submittals for record only. Ordered per Bid scheduled documents and schedules.

Can I ad-lib this?
All Submittals are for record only, all Ordered Equipment for the Project __________ are on order and scheduled for Delivery_______________, per active schedule contract, Dated__-__-__.

Sorry I just don't think you said enough here, you surely have to thoroughly address the subject matter. Well I beleive that's what U might meant to imply, anywas...

A submittal in this case is to show the application of the installation, sometimes required by or part of a contract, It should NOT be holding up anything in meeting your contract terms, should it?
I'm saying your submitting a "light plan" arrangement by some software meets or exceeds the arrangement, Right!

You might take a minute and read what the Engineer stamp "says" on your reviewed design. You might be well surprised.

shaw0486,
Do you get to sit in on owner/arch/contractor meetings?
Just mention to the Architect that you are awaiting their return submittals, and they will then throw the GC under the bus quick.

Where are you at to the time line of this project? This can be delicate at times notifying second parties, this really relies on the pecking order, good business sense and maybe even common courtesy needs to come into play.
Your problems are not always someone else?s problems, is my point.

A phone call might be the easiest way to get results.

Sometimes emails and letters just aren't quite as effective as a person to person conversation.

But I hate writing letters.

If you do make a phone call, prepare and type the letter or e-mail then call someone and state that it's in the mail and they can contact you forthwith...
CC to file.

Status
Not open for further replies.