Cost for Homeworks system???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jango

I'm basically just looking for a very rough conceptual idea of what a price range might be for the materials only for a complete Lutron Homeworks system in a high end custom 8,000 square foot house. Basically I'm wondering are we talking $20,000, $50,000, or more? This is just for the materials, i.e. Keypads, Processors, Modules, Panels, Wire, etc. to accomodate a 8,000 square foot house. Again, conceptual ball park range only....

marcerrin

Most Vantage systems I've installed end up in the $5 per square foot range. I dont bid them by square footage, but they all seem to fall into that general range.

mxslick

Most Vantage systems I've installed end up in the $5 per square foot range. I dont bid them by square footage, but they all seem to fall into that general range.

That comes close to my experiences with AMX and Crestron whole-house systems.

But I would figure at least $7.50/sq ft to be safe. Until you get the full details of scope of work that is.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
unless something has changed in the past couple of years, you have to travel to lutron's HQ and complete their training before they'll even sell you a homeworks system. so keep that in mind if you're thinking about trying to sell one.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Jango, remember you cannot install a homeworks system by Lutron unless you are certified by them. You will not even be able to order the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.