Service trk frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Got me a used F250 a few months ago. 4WD with service body with cap. I installed a backup camera because it is so hard to see behind while backing up. Noticed while under the truck I sure had a lot of room. No spare tire or carrier. Ordered in a used carrier. Now I find out there is no jack behind the seat. Should have known that if I didn't have a spare I wouldn't have a jack. Duh. The spare tire carrier is also keyed. Have to get that from a dealer. What used to be standard is now optional. Just a something to think about on your next service truck.

rodneee

spare tire

spare tire

we have all E-250 vans and 1 2005 F-250 pickup. so guess what i just did. went to look underneath for a spare tire. never thought about it before now. i was happy to see the spare for the first time. then i checked the original window sticker in my file. it lists a spare tire as standard equipment for all 250's. WHOEVER SOLD YOU THE THE TRUCK IS A CREEP!!!!

sparky=t

Got me a used F250 a few months ago. 4WD with service body with cap. I installed a backup camera because it is so hard to see behind while backing up. Noticed while under the truck I sure had a lot of room. No spare tire or carrier. Ordered in a used carrier. Now I find out there is no jack behind the seat. Should have known that if I didn't have a spare I wouldn't have a jack. Duh. The spare tire carrier is also keyed. Have to get that from a dealer. What used to be standard is now optional. Just a something to think about on your next service truck.

at least you found out when it was warm out and did not have a flat on tuesday, that would have been miserable!! -17 wind chill !! ;)

Article 90.1

Do you mind sharing which back up camera you chose? I just picked up a used wan with no side or rear windows. It sure would be nice to avoid backing over the customers cat... or worse. We practice "first move forward" parking when practical, but you still have to back up sometimes.

Thanks in advance!

brian john

I never use the standard truck jack, I always carry a bottle jack or a floor jack.

Occupation
EC - retired
I happened to be in an All Makes Auto supply and they had it on display. Wireless. Less than $150. Don't remember the name of it. I had to do some Ag Engineering to mount it above the rear doors but it works well enough. Already saved me a couple times. The mirrors on this Ford are low bid.

It also picks up the cameras at conveniece stores, car lots, secluded decks, etc. Not kidding. Looking forward to summer.

Article 90.1

It also picks up the cameras at conveniece stores, car lots, secluded decks, etc. Not kidding. Looking forward to summer.

Roger that! ;)

Thank you for the reply.

RE: bottle jacks. Do we all remember the old pump jacks that hooked onto the bumper? they were quick, but boy were they dangerous! I can still hear the "click-click, click-click" in my mind.

We keep a 1/2" socket driver and a few lug nut sized sockets in the battery drill kit to make tire changes quicker. You can't always crack the nuts, or finish torquing them, but I can reduce the amount of time that we're parked precariously on the edge of the road, I'll take it!

That "Oh-Fuuuudddddgggggeeeee" scene from "The Christmas Story" comes to mine (When Ralphy spills the lug nuts).

StreamlineGT

Do you know if your truck came through as a chassis cab? I know on my chassis cab, the spare tire was optional, just due to some body options requiring an aft fuel tank only, therefore eliminating the spare tire. The service body on my truck, did in fact require the aft tank, so no spare.

Last edited:
Occupation
EC - retired
Do you know if your truck came through as a chassis cab? I know on my chassis cab, the spare tire was optional, just due to some body options requiring an aft fuel tank only, therefore eliminating the spare tire. The service body on my truck, did in fact require the aft tank, so no spare.

Don't know but would guess you are right. Getting gas into it was another hassle. Less than a gallon per minute. 30-40 minutes to fill. I had the fill tube moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.