Tandem/piggyback QO breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkBox

Burnt Buss

Burnt Buss

I have to agree with Zappy on this. I have seen more buss burns from QO snap in breakers than any other brand (even Zinsco).
I would change panel out to Homeline or similar brand, which has a greater breaker to buss contact surface. Unless of course you want to install a panel with bolt on breaker capabilities..expensive.

Ohmy

They all burn. We don't see alot of burned up QO panels here, but we also don't see alot of QO panels here. Personally, I see more burned up challenger, zinco, GE, and FP than CH or QO.

John Davoltra

I did Quote larry but i did end up haveing to explian that also :) Funny thing her dad was the fire investigator here for years before he retired :D

Her dad probably installed it! What with all the firemen PLAYING electrician these days... At least here in Texas. Was at the supply store YESTERDAY and was told a story of one of these installs. At a major testing facility linked to our nation's defense industry- the light fixtures were installed with thhn going back 30 feet to the nearest (yes, nearest) 4 square. THHN, not even romex.

Fireman playing Electrician. THHN Must have been all he had in his tonka toy that Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.