bender help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am needing to find a new bending diagram decal for our model 666 ensley electric conduit bender. Google is not helping and our production is slow trying to bend without it. any suggestions?

jeremysterling

According to a vendor website, the Ensley shoes are interchangeable with the Greenlee triple-nickel. Just maybe, the Greenlee 555 decal would work and maybe easier to find. Minimum offsets may be different on the Greenlee bender, but takeups could certainly be verified in a couple of minutes with some scrap pipe.

From memory, the take-up for 2" RMC is 16.125" on the triple-nickel.

ohmhead

Well do you have duct tape ? 1/2 =4 1/2" 3/4= 5 3/8" 1 = 6 3/4" 1 1/4 = 8 3/4" 1 1/2 =8 9/32" 2 =9 3/16" this is emt

Rigid in order as above size conduit 4 3/4" 4 1/2" 5 3/4" 7 1/4 " 8 1/4" 9 1/2 "

We kinda lost ours too hope this helps .

jeremysterling

Well do you have duct tape ? 1/2 =4 1/2" 3/4= 5 3/8" 1 = 6 3/4" 1 1/4 = 8 3/4" 1 1/2 =8 9/32" 2 =9 3/16" this is emt

Rigid in order as above size conduit 4 3/4" 4 1/2" 5 3/4" 7 1/4 " 8 1/4" 9 1/2 "

We kinda lost ours too hope this helps .

I would think the take-up for 2" rigid would be a lot more than 9.5"?????

ohmhead

Well on 555 greenlee 2 emt = 15 3/8" if you asking for deduct What i was giving was radi of the ensley to the greenlee shoe dont swap shoes it will break your rollers if you bend all day .

Last edited:

jeremysterling

OK. I don't know about radii for bending. I've never had to use those numbers and I've bent several miles of RMC pipe on the 555. All I needed was 90? take-ups (deducts) and offset multipliers. I could finesse the minimum offset numbers a little bit but not much. Common sense dictates the min offset. A chart is really not necessary for min offset unless, as the OP states, it impacts production.

A co-worker made a book with shrinkage numbers, but I rarely used it. I bent all my back to back using stub 90?s. We were encouraged to use unions and we bent fancy pipe.

Thanks for the heads-up about switching shoes between the manufacturers benders. The website I saw said it was OK, but I defer to your experience on the matter.:)

ohmhead

Well jeremysterling were not a expert but theres been a few miles on the bender road i know what your saying about the shoes we used to do that years ago .

But that was with the older models & types 555 not todays SB new after the day greenlee went digital read out on there hand controls and started the dual head combos its not wise to be changing parts around .

Sorry about the radius we use that a lot on our benders because we have no charts we have lots of benders and no charts.

Most of the guys have there own pocket book . Have you ever bent a 2 inch rigid with radi meaning on the 555 try 9 5/8" but you going to pull it up with both 90s facen up .

Just ADD this 9 5/8 " instead of deduct on you mark of a back to back then from this mark install it in shoe facen up meaning both are facen up in bender shoe its easy try it out let me know what you think .:D THATS FOR RIGID ONLY

This is what we use radi for it makes b&b easy to install in benders& work with and bender we can find any thing from it .

Take care

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.