west virginia licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
We recently hired a guy from west virginia and he said he was a master there. He doesnt have a texas journeyman card and only has a apprentice card. Is work in west virginia
that bad ?

growler

We recently hired a guy from west virginia and he said he was a master there. He doesnt have a texas journeyman card and only has a apprentice card. Is work in west virginia
that bad ?

I have no idea what this guy's situation really is but he may have just moved from West Virginia. It takes time to get a license in another state so he may work as an apprentice until he can get a journeyman's or master's license in Texas.

A lot of electricians move from state to state because their wives have to move to keep or get a better job and these are normally the jobs with the real benefits for the family. A friend of mine moved out west because his wife was offered a much better job. He took a cut in pay but his wife's promotion made up for it ( and then some ).

Construction isn't the best job in the world when the economy is down.

Buck Parrish

that bad ?

What work...? Ever saw an upgrade in WV? :grin:
Take a ride through some of those small towns just off Hwy. 77 and see if you can spot any new wiring.

Bill Annett

Occupation
Retired ( 2020 ) City Electrical inspector
Work here in my location of the nothern panhandle of WV is kinda slow at this time. The new year is looking better for construction work.
Next year they are plans to start building some new houses and a few large medical additions for our 2 Hospitals.

Bill Annett

Status
Not open for further replies.