ICC elect test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks27

I'm planning on taking the ICC elect inspection res/comm test. and looking for input on what specifics to study on. anyone here taken yet? any tips? thank you in advance.

Hendrix

I'm planning on taking the ICC elect inspection res/comm test. and looking for input on what specifics to study on. anyone here taken yet? any tips? thank you in advance.
Tood them last year. The Resi is easy. It's based on the 62 pages of the IRC.
The comm. takes more time and is based on the NEC. If you do the practice tests, I think that will help. Also, if you have an NEC index that will also be helpful. Good luck. I don't recomend taking them on the same day unless you can sit for five or six hours.

raider1

Staff member
Yes, the IRC is the International Residential Code. This code has an electrical section that is written by NFPA and based on the most current edition of the NEC.

Utah has adopted the International Codes.

HERE is a link to a map with the states that have adopted the I codes.

Chris

raider1

Staff member
the IRC book is that the 2006 edition? the residential has test questions from that edition? how about the comm. is it all nec 08' ? thanks guys!

The 06 IRC electrical section is based on the 2005 NEC.

ICC no longer publishes the International Electrical Code so their tests are based on the NEC. I would assume that the commercial portions of the ICC test would be based on the 2008 NEC, but I would check with the testing center.

Chris

Hendrix

The 06 IRC electrical section is based on the 2005 NEC.

ICC no longer publishes the International Electrical Code so their tests are based on the NEC. I would assume that the commercial portions of the ICC test would be based on the 2008 NEC, but I would check with the testing center.

Chris
The commercial test is all NEC. There is nothing in the 09 IRC that deals with commercial installations.

WirenutGP

I'd suggest that you take the ICC practice tests because it will help you understand how the exam questioned are formed.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.