Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin Foelber

I have recently performed a few design build projects on small retail stores. My design software is limited to editing JPG files with a photoshop type program. Is anyone aware of a good software for engineering small projects. I can not justify spending the money or time on a CAD program. I am looking for something basic.

Thank You

nakulak

if you are serious, then you could just use adobe pdf maker, convert to pdf, and use the markup tools.

Personally, I bought cadopia for three hundred and it does drafting and read/write autocad files for what I need. You can't draw a scaled drawing using a paint program and I find that to be unacceptable.

Dustin Foelber

Thank You for the suggestion.
I have loadcalc by Robert Arsleff and a Title 24 software I made myself from excel. T24 is extremely important out here in CA. I am struggling with the design option though. I will try cadopia.

dmagyar

Try Visio

Try Visio

If you're a PC type you could try MS. Visio. I've done some drawing for permits with it and you can scale floorplans and such. The 2003 pro version that I have isn't able to do suspended ceiling layouts though, but I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.