National Standard master electrician exam

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the diff between national standard master electrician and a particular state standard master electrician? as far as what does it allow you to qualify as. Is the National level better than the state?

cadpoint

What is the diff between national standard master electrician and a particular state standard master electrician? as far as what does it allow you to qualify as. Is the National level better than the state?

It seems more of a phrase than an actual "National Test, the NECA-NEIS , and the ICC building codes, as well as other organizations and even book sellers, use this phrase!

The OP should look to their State Laws and rules as well as their State Web sites pertaining to this matter.

I know of no national test that negates licensing per each State.

I believe the OP needs to get a master level study guide, and some/many references have been stated here many times and can be found using the search function!

Here's one listing of State licensing and the host of the forum has another listing right here for State licensing both equally the same.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
National vs standard

National vs standard

Ok I took a test that I thought I was suppose to take... right. I called Person Vue and said I wanted to take the master electrician Exam. Gave them my jurisdiction Paid my 100 and took the exam but did not pass the first time.
I called and rescheduled took the test again but this time my score printed Kentucky Master Electrician Exam (701). Where as the first one printed National Master electrician exam (701N). What is the difference in the two is one for just one state and the other for all 50 states ? Who would have thunk it! help what do I take?

ty

I looked at their website. It doesn't even include a 'Kentucky Electrical'.
It does, however, include a 'Colorado' and a 'North Carolina' Electrical.

I do not see a 'National Electrical" listed, and I've never heard of a National Exam that would qualify you in all states.
Each State has it's own Licensing requirements.

480sparky

Didn't think so!

Then again, technically your driver's license is only valid in the state it was issued. It is only by the Drivers License Agreement that other states accept it.

Edit to add: And the Non-Resident Violator Compact as well.

Last edited:
Hmmm

Hmmm

The National Standard Master Electrician exam is called the 701N but I can not find any information except on the test resuls

called Ky exam board

called Ky exam board

I called ky....There is no National Standard recognized so everyone is right I do not know what Pearson Vue did but it was all messed up. I am scheduled to retake the Ky standard Master electrican test. Wish me luck!

Got My Ky Master License

Got My Ky Master License

Thanks for your help I got my Ky Masters license wheeewww. Any one looking for a Master Electrican? Yeah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.