water over cooktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cncsnw

Just curious:

Is there to be a basin and drain below it? If not, where does the water go when the spigot starts to leak and drip?

If there is a code issue, it is probably plumbing and not electrical.

jwjrw

I agree probably a plumbing or building code if there is one, not nec. Not sure I would want it over my cooktop but we all know how customers want what they want.

nhfire77

I agree probably a plumbing or building code if there is one, not nec. Not sure I would want it over my cooktop but we all know how customers want what they want.

Reason: To fill pots with water, so you don't have to get it in the sink or lug it over in another container.

IMO, that kind of feature is overrated, and I like to cook a lot. It's something some restaurants have, so people who have the extra money, think they will use all the time.

Having said that, more power to the plumber to make extra $ putting it in. And I see no reason the NEC would not allow it.

stew

my son has this arraingement in his new home over a wolfe gas range that the spigot rotates over a small sink adjacent to the cooktop. The spigot that rotates over the range has a long snout and is used primarily for filling pasta pots etc. Very nice if you have the money.

Buck Parrish

We went to Philly for the Mummers day parade. My realtives had one. I actually filled it twice. And we we're only their three days.
But if your cooking pasta fot 16 people you need a big pot. The pasta is cooked with the strainer in the pot. So when the petite Itallian lady takes the pasta out of the pot. She does not have the weight of all the water.
A side note ; Rigatoni is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.