Ty Wraps

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyhockey

210.4(D) Grouping. The ungroinded and neutral conductors of a multiwire branch circuit shall be grouped together in at least one location by wire ties or similar means at the point of origination.

Whatever branch circuit the neutral went to we would tag it now we have to ty wrap the thing.

At this rate I'm never gonna finish reading the changes.:mad:

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
210.4(D) Grouping. The ungroinded and neutral conductors of a multiwire branch circuit shall be grouped together in at least one location by wire ties or similar means at the point of origination.

Whatever branch circuit the neutral went to we would tag it now we have to ty wrap the thing.

Could a tag be considered a similar means?

electricmanscott

You better read faster. NEC 2011 coming soon. :D

BTW this does not apply to all MWBC's.

icefalkon

I spoke with the Chief Inspector for the City and yes...they want tie wraps, not laundry tags. Black tape is acceptable.

NYC accepts the 2008 cycle in June of this year along with our Ammendments which are released as the Electrical Code of the City of New York 2010 which is good for 3yrs. The city has been moving more in conjuntion with the National. When 2008 came out the city began reviewing it and writing up it's Ammendments, which they've finally finished and they're expecting to be available for download sometime between Feb and March.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.