Switchboard Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keri_WW

Anyone know how much 3-section switchboards weigh?

1600A GFI MCB, 480V, with SPD

Thanks!
Keri :grin::grin:

Keri_WW

you mean 1600a with GFP ?

Yes! Only issue with contacting the manufacturer is that I don't know the actual equipment that is going to be purchased and used. I was looking for a rough estimate if anyone knew it off the top of their head.

zog

Yes! Only issue with contacting the manufacturer is that I don't know the actual equipment that is going to be purchased and used. I was looking for a rough estimate if anyone knew it off the top of their head.

Hard to tell you what something weighs if you don't know what it is, how about heavier than a squirrel and lighter than an elephant.

The breaker alone will be 200-300 lbs, the gear and buswork another 500 or so, but you need more details for any estimate of any value.

Enclosure type? Accessories? Just the 1600A breaker? Cable in/out or bussed? Etc......

cadpoint

Are you concerned about putting this weight on a wooden floor ?

Or on a wooden floor on the second floor, if thats the case then someone needs to get a structural engineer involved.

You could get your concrete apron poured specific with a higher PSI then the surrounding aprons.

Seems there's more to the question, but I always ask fifty questions any was, I don't usually type them out :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.