Attention to detail on a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

Making sure the white neutral stripes line up is impressive.:)

Coincidence or not?

IMG_4179.JPG

peter d

I have only worked in Washington and California, neither states allow the use of the SER cable for the service.

What states out there allow it?

In my travels, and pictures on this forum, I have seen it used in New England, NY, NJ, DE, PA, and OH. I'm not sure if it's used anywhere else.

Edit - wrote DE twice.

Last edited:

frankft2000

First that is legal everyday of the week in Maine. Next I bet thats not conduit entering the meter can, but a SER connector.

Now as for the original post.

The white stripe is Coincidence. A person that was that picky as to line up the white stripe would have surly wiped off the access clue that was sticking out around the connectors.

ADD the power company would require a connector on the EGC

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Although I use a bushing on Connectors for cables larger than #6 I don't believe the code requires it. 300.5(G) states for raceways not nm type connectors which I am assuming is on the SE cable.

Am I correct in saying that art 352.46 requires a bushing on PVC no matter what size the wire or conduit. I never knew this.

Last edited:

Greg1707

Occupation
Business owner Electrical contractor
I have only worked in Washington and California, neither states allow the use of the SER cable for the service.

What states out there allow it?

338 covers SE and USE. Where is SER covered in NEC? What are the issues regarding SER for services?

Status
Not open for further replies.