Tesla in the WSJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

Whereas The Prestige is, as others have noted, a great movie, the presence of Tesla in there as a small part to advance the storyline, not to explain any electrical theories,

Right, therefore it is our duty to pause the movie and explain the concepts to our wuves as they just glare at us, specifically the scene with the lights all over the feild with no wires attached to them. (I had to draw some stuff to explain that one to her)

jeremysterling

Right, therefore it is our duty to pause the movie and explain the concepts to our wuves as they just glare at us, specifically the scene with the lights all over the feild with no wires attached to them. (I had to draw some stuff to explain that one to her)

It is our duty, seeing that Nikola never married, to share his genius with the fairer sex.

Thanks for posting the album cover of Mechanical Resonance. The rock band "Tesla", never mentioned in the WSJ article, led the way in honoring the scientist. "Little Suzi" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

cadpoint

No one said that, but U... TiVo mileage may vary.

She knows of my excitement in the subject matter, from her to me, it's more a moment where she let's me go moment, not A, "I need to know..." one...

Relevance to the cause and effect that decribes a bigger moment that demands an explainationm that then draws them in... is way better bait...

JMO...

Last edited:

ohmhead

Well i dont have to explain to my wife or kids about Tesla they kinda know the story real well!
rq_e800-1-1.gif

We have lots of high voltage toys this one is fed by a 165 kv potential transformer thanks to florida powers bone yard which feds the primary coil of my tesla coil .
home made from scrap parts plasma globes , tesla coils , crack tubes,ladders its a old hobbie and tesla was and always will be the only inventor in my book .

girl

What a contrast. Tesla, the genius, who is incapable for completing his ideas and implementing them into workable solution and Edison, the mediocre engineer, who can buy, borrow and steal other's unused ideas and make them commercial success.

I actually consdier Edison's biggest business failure of NOT retaining Tesla and nurturing and developing his incredible fount of ideas. Edison should have been his mentor and supporter, but I guess egos clashed. Such a tragedy of history and science and technical development.

What those two together could have accomplished?!

(BTW Tesla attended the same University as I did...)

Laszlo, my great grandfather was born in the same place where Tesla was born and they were sitting in the same class in highschool, Yugoslavia.

pls come to the Niagara Falls, Canada to see Tesla's monument that Serbian people build.

Caesium

Sir, That is one nice coil.

Nathan.

Well i dont have to explain to my wife or kids about Tesla they kinda know the story real well!
rq_e800-1-1.gif

We have lots of high voltage toys this one is fed by a 165 kv potential transformer thanks to florida powers bone yard which feds the primary coil of my tesla coil .
home made from scrap parts plasma globes , tesla coils , crack tubes,ladders its a old hobbie and tesla was and always will be the only inventor in my book .

Status
Not open for further replies.