12 v Lighting on the outside wall of a pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinZip

This business forces one to look for exceptions to the rules and I find myself doing this often.

Thanks Again

Article 90.1

WinZip,

What about something like this? http://www.swimmingpoolsetc.com/pool-fiber-optics.htm

I've enjoyed this thread as well, my thoughts are that there is always a way to give the customer what they want, we just have to figure out how to make it code compliant.

The above link may not be the cream of the crop, but perhaps fiber optic lighting will make your install possible/compliant?

I better go read through 680 again for a refresher too...

WinZip

We did a large gunite pool last year and had an issue on the final inspection.

This pool had a spill over fountain that spilled into the pool which now makes it part of the pool,the fountain was designed to have 3 12v LV fixtures that required # 12 equipment ground AND bonding to the grid due to the over all size of the fixture.

In our state the pool builder is allowed to do the first round of bonding with the steel re bar and they simply didn't think to put in threw the bottom of the fountain the #8 bonding wire for each fixture.

Now we show up to start working on this pool an it never dawned on any of us when we got to that part of the job,well on the final inspection our inspector caught it,he allowed to change out the fixtures to non metallic which did not require bonding to the grid - only the equipment ground was needed needless to say it would have been pricey to the pool builder to tear out the bottom of that fountain to get to the steel re bar if not for the non metallic fixtures.

Live an Learn - an yes this has been an interesting topic , thanks again.

By the way this was a $350,000 pool loaded out.

WinZip

We pride ourselves in doing very neat work an I regret not taking pictures of these type jobs after completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.