three phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1reyad

is the first time i am doing a service like this i just wanted to know if 3 phase equipment would work with out any problem also you guys said is 208 not 240 ?

RETRAINDAILY

What a pain those are I'm currently upgrading a factory from the 40s they have 480v with 240v transformers everywhere it's the 1 phase equipment you have to be careful of.
We are changing them out to 208/120v.

d1reyad

so i wont have any problem if i have a 208V AC 3-phase equipment on this panel or a 240v 3phase equipment it should work fine ?

kbsparky

Not sure if you will have any problems or not using 208 Volt 3 phase equipment. If it is only rated at 208 Volts, you could possibly have an issue. Depends on the equipment, and its tolerance for different supply voltages.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
is the first time i am doing a service like this i just wanted to know if 3 phase equipment would work with out any problem also you guys said is 208 not 240 ?

If it's a 240 volt 3 phase delta with a high-leg, the voltage between any of the phases (phase to phase) will be 240 volt. The voltage to neutral (ground) on the high-leg (B Phase) will be 208.
As mentioned, you need to be careful that no 120 volt equipmemt is being connected to B phase.

so i wont have any problem if i have a 208V AC 3-phase equipment on this panel or a 240v 3phase equipment it should work fine ?

If the equipment is rated 208 volt (only) then it is a violation of 110.4 to operate it on a 240 volt system. The higher voltage could cause damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.