In/Out Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
These boxes are great for kitchen back splashes or other areas where the wall finish material and depth is unknown.

Chris

peter d

The Carlon version of this has been around for years now. I think they may have invented it actually. Arlington is now making a knockoff of it, which is unusual because they are usually the innovators.

macmikeman

I use those all the time for kitchen splash outlet, and also for the disposal outlet below the sink, cause you seldom know at rough if the not on site yet cabinet has a back or sits flush to the drywall.

jwjrw

Your loss, Buck:). They're one of the better innovations in the last ten years, especially when folks started installing granite back splashes. I run the boxes all the way out in an attempt to ensure the granite guys cut their box openings to the right size.

Same here! Walking thru HD a few years back and saw them. Never have to get longer screws or get grout out of the screw holes in box

dmagyar

"Smart box"

"Smart box"

I've also started using the "Smart Box" when appropriate, it's really good for replacing existing boxes when you need to add another switch/device. P.S. It's the same outer perimeter size (not smaller like a cut in box) so no wall repair if you're carefull. With the installation screws mounted through the box, reseting the box is no problem. I found these at Granite electrical supply, or @smartboxinc.com

jwjrw

I've also started using the "Smart Box" when appropriate, it's really good for replacing existing boxes when you need to add another switch/device. P.S. It's the same outer perimeter size (not smaller like a cut in box) so no wall repair if you're carefull. With the installation screws mounted through the box, reseting the box is no problem. I found these at Granite electrical supply, or @smartboxinc.com

I like the smart boxes also. I will not bring up how if Im out of smart boxes I use a regular box! They havent turned me down yet(but they cud)!

Buck Parrish

Your loss, Buck:). They're one of the better innovations in the last ten years, especially when folks started installing granite back splashes. I run the boxes all the way out in an attempt to ensure the granite guys cut their box openings to the right size.

Will try them on the next house. It's just some thing about the blue color that has been a turn off.;)

jwjrw

Will try them on the next house. It's just some thing about the blue color that has been a turn off.;)

But they do make a good blue single gang thats deep 22.5 I think that is nice.
And carlon does have some other good products like car-flex.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.