Article to support 4 wire feeder to subpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark henderson

I looked at a botched attempt to add a sub panel. Firs it is an old rag top service. They removed the guts to the exterior panel leaving no means of disconnect, they then spliced a three wire feeder to new 200 amp interior panel in witch the new branch circuits are all grounded. They have the neutral and ground bond there. The inspector came out to look at a new ac unit installed and discovered this. At this point I was called to give a quote to bring up to code. I included in my proposal to add the needed 4 wire feeder. She had some other electricians quote with out it. To get to the point I am trying to locate the articles to back up my estimate.

I have looked at 220, 408, 250.134, 215.,

Am I just missing it our what?

Mark

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I included in my proposal to add the needed 4 wire feeder. She had some other electricians quote with out it. To get to the point I am trying to locate the articles to back up my estimate.
Mark, since the inspector has seen it, ask him if he agrees that the 4-wire feeder is necessary. That's your ammo.

Then, tell the customer what will happen if the other guy does it his way, and then has to re-do it the right way.

mark henderson

Thanks for the help. I sent her an email with the inspectors email, and sugested she speaks with him.

A rag top service is old SEU going up the outside of the wall exposed and at the top the weatherhead has two screw holes in it to fasten to the wall.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.