Voltage Balancing Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerjwillelec

I went to a trailer house today...They apparently have been having problems for a while with appliances and equipment. They lost their computer, router and now, their furnace won't run. I began by taking voltage readings which were odd but acceptable at first... A-N 119ish, B-N 127ish. Turned off and unplugged everything and they balanced out a bit at 124ish each. We began turning things back on one by one...When we turned certain appliances back on, one phase falls down to between 90VAC to 107VAC while the other jumps up to anywhere between 140VAC and got as high as 165VAC at one point. I searched and searched but came up empty handed but I knew I could always count on MH's Forum. Please ask plenty of questions and help me figure this out. :)

jerjwillelec

I wondered about that...I am measuring at the main breaker in the trailer. I'll have to check with the POCO as I am unsure where they may be losing N...ie: between transformer and meter or between meter and trailer.

SG-1

This needs to be done quickly as a fire could result from excessive voltage on their appliances.

If the reading are bad in the panel you have to get closer to the source. I am sure POCO will come right out as they may have to replace everything damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.