estimatin software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJV

does anyone have a preference between accubid and infosoft estimating programs, and if you could can you explain? also between epic and trade service pricing services.

dmagyar

Lots of variables

Lots of variables

Welcome to the forum.

Your question to estimating software largely is one of experience. Some / all of the companies out there start to use one software and get "stuck" to it as it's harder to switch to another when all of their assemblies and mod's don't transfer over. With regard to which is better? Newer, faster doesn't always equall better. I have used McCormicks 6000 & 8000 versions, then at another company before that, they used Acubid. All worked and it would be hard to determine who had any avantages over the rest. Pricing is probably close on these.

You get the same thing with Traser and the other commodity pricing services, as long as they represent what you will pay for the items, have the ability to adjust your pricing buy-outs and update on a regular basis, they should all work in conjunction with the estimating program you are considering, but you should check first.

I agree with Dan's comments.

It can take hours, days, weeks, months, years to tweak any estimating program to do what you need it to do. Personally I am much more comfortable with Vision than I am with Accu but maybe that is just me. I have spent much more time with Vision than Accu

Not affiliated with the company in any way, shape or form but you may want to take a look at Turbo Bid as well. I can tell you that the developer, Bill, personally spent over an hour last Sunday morning (No less) answering some very specific questions that I had about the program.

You may also want to look at Netpricer for pricing updates as well as the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.