Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Bought this thing today . . . .

rbb2-9600s-20-c5otr_.jpg

I highly recommend it. Its rock solid.

The keyboard and screen are covered under a film. It does not hinder typing ability.

The case snaps into the belt holster to keep it from falling out, but is easily pulled back out by hand.

Link to their website . . .

http://www.otterbox.com

They have cases for all sorts of phones.

This is the defender series

OtterBox.com Website said:
Features:
Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear membrane. Protects keypad against scratching, as well as dust intrusion (layer optional depending on the level of ruggedization desired)
Layer 2: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell for an added guard against drops and shocks
Layer 3: High quality silicone skin to absorb bump and shock
Full access to all keys, ports and functions

Thought I'd share a worthwhile product.

ItsHot

Agreed. I have one on my iPhone and it prevents dropping it even more than it protects once the deed is done.
icon14.gif

I have the same on my iPhone George. Nice product as Brant said. The edges started to roll slightly from playing to much "paper toss" waiting for the phone to ring!!:grin: But they have formed back to their original shape! I also recommend this product!

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I use the Otter Box for the iPhone but the belt clip leaves a little bit left to be desired so I just leave the phone in my pocket.

I agree, I went after it with a pair of dykes and a bastard file, it no longer pokes me in the love handles. I'm not very heavy, and it jabbed me in the side pretty good. It took about five minutes to convert it from Kate Moss to human friendly.

jwjrw

I got my new blackberry last week and went looking for a case. Saw this thread and ordrded it because of all you guys liking it so much. Hopefully I will like it as well as you all do.:D

DavidA

Yes, I highly recommend it. I'm using one for my iphone and it not only has plugs for all the ports, but the phone now bounces instead of shattering on short unintentional drops.

Ken In NJ

I have had one for a few months .. They work great .. my I-phone has been dropped 20 times plus, with it in the otter box .. and NO damage !!

Like said before .. the case clip that it comes with .. stinks !! I don't use that part of it .. If I did .. the phone would have been long lost

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Like said before .. the case clip that it comes with .. stinks !! I don't use that part of it .. If I did .. the phone would have been long lost

is that for the iphone?

i've since talked to a couple of people w/ otterboxes on their iphone and they say the same thing, but no complaints about the blackberry holster.

yucan2

is that for the iphone?

i've since talked to a couple of people w/ otterboxes on their iphone and they say the same thing, but no complaints about the blackberry holster.

My Otterbox holster for my Blackberry works just fine and particularly well since I stopped putting my phone in it backwards.:-?

rich000

After seeing this thread I checked out the website and ordered one. I got it today and I am impressed. Seems like a well built product. I was worried it would feel to big, but it is fine. I always had some sort of cover on my iphone because without a case/cover it feels like it is going to fly out of your hands. The outer gel on this makes it grip good. Thanks brantmacga.

Status
Not open for further replies.