Noalox anit ox grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
I know we have to use noalox for aluminum service coductors for corrosion purposes and inspectors will fail you if you dont, however is this in the NEC anywhere? Thanks

110.3(B) is the only requirement in the NEC that can be used to require the use of an anti-oxidant compound on aluminum connections.

This would be a manufactures listing requirement.

As far as I know I am not aware of any manufactures that require the use of an anti oxidant compound on service equipment.

The modern aluminum alloy that is used today does not have the same problems with corrosion and heating as the older alloys did.

Chris

480sparky

You have that problem, too?

You can tell when I run plastic. My fingers are all purple. :roll:

You put DeOx on plastic?
emoticon_test_by_vampire_meme.gif

jsharvey

No -Alox

No -Alox

110.3(B) is the only requirement in the NEC that can be used to require the use of an anti-oxidant compound on aluminum connections.

This would be a manufactures listing requirement.

As far as I know I am not aware of any manufactures that require the use of an anti oxidant compound on service equipment.

Chris

For what it's worth I had one of our inspectors here tell me almost a year ago that Square D didn't want "no alox" used in their panels and they wouldn't warrant one that it was used in. I've never heard or seen anything else about this so who knows.

raider1

Staff member
For what it's worth I had one of our inspectors here tell me almost a year ago that Square D didn't want "no alox" used in their panels and they wouldn't warrant one that it was used in. I've never heard or seen anything else about this so who knows.

I have not heard of any manufacture not warranting a panel where noalox was used on the conductors.

Chris

I was at a Code seminar some years back when there was a SqD rep. that was on the panel @ the front & he stated that they do not want "deox" in there equipment because they have had problems when it heats up & starts to flow. He also stated that on the lugs that need "deox" it woyuld be installed @ the factory. I have seen it listed onb the listing on "Midwest" meter peds & on some "Cuttler Hammer" equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.