circuit tracers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

Seems there on the ball and know there stuff, check out http://www.spectrumind.com/, not that I have any vested interest...

I beleive I used their 42 circuit tracer before, it looks like the same...

I also beleive they make the greenlee tester "as previous posted"

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I looked at the Greenlee, and it does look the same, but at about $100 more, its not worth paying the extra having the Greenlee name on it! I may order one just to see how well it works.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have some off brand that I have used for years. It works great and was less than $100.00 probably 20 years ago or so. You basically plug the transmitter in the wall and use the receiver at the panel. Their are no other parts. You could rig up a pig tail with a female recep. to use if the circuit is not recep.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I have some off brand that I have used for years. It works great and was less than $100.00 probably 20 years ago or so. You basically plug the transmitter in the wall and use the receiver at the panel. Their are no other parts. You could rig up a pig tail with a female recep. to use if the circuit is not recep.

We do a lot of work on 277 volt circuits, so that would not work well for us, unless it would still work using a small stepdown transformer. I have seen those, but have not tried one yet.

nez

We do a lot of work on 277 volt circuits, so that would not work well for us, unless it would still work using a small stepdown transformer. I have seen those, but have not tried one yet.

It looks like it works up to 600 volts. The amprobe I have works up to 300 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.