Price on a 45 kw transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

Does any body know the price of a 480/277 TO 120/208 transformer. I am figureing a job today. It seems like I paid about $700 last time does that seem about right?
Also that's to big to hang on bar joices isn't it?

masterinbama

Does any body know the price of a 480/277 TO 120/208 transformer. I am figureing a job today. It seems like I paid about $700 last time does that seem about right?
Also that's to big to hang on bar joices isn't it?

This site has one for 1600 bucks.

http://www.foxelectricsupply.com/co...il.asp?qsCatID=26413&qsProductNo=GED9T23B3873.

As far as hanging from the bar joists, a structural engineer should be involved.
As far as the NEC is concerned the limit is 50 KVA above a suspended ceiling. No limit for exposed.

Last edited:

Keri_WW

Its interesting to see how overinflated the numbers are in the Schnieder Electric (SquareD) catalog... $6k. haha

MarkyMarkNC

$700.00 is about right for a price as part of a big electrical gear package, but as a stand alone purchase you're going to pay much more than that.

When I buy a x-former all by itself that is not a part of a gear package, I buy Dongan brand. They are cheap, work well, and there is a stocking rep here in Raleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.