Dryer disconecting means

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnettda

I am wiring three new laundy gas dryers in a hospital laundry. Three phase motor. The front or loading side of the dryers will stick through a wall into one room and the rest of the unit will be in a small seperate room. Where does my disconecting means go? In the room where the people are loading the dryer? Or in the back room? There is a start stop on the front part of the machine.
Thanks

mxslick

I would agree, since if it's out of sight of the motor, it would need to be lockable

If the motor is accessed through the back as most commercial dryers are, and the disconnect is also in the back, why would it be out of sight of the motor?:-?

Or were you referring to the start/stop buttons? Which IMHO would NOT be suitable as a disconnect.

mcclary's electrical

If the motor is accessed through the back as most commercial dryers are, and the disconnect is also in the back, why would it be out of sight of the motor?:-?

Or were you referring to the start/stop buttons? Which IMHO would NOT be suitable as a disconnect.

I should have been more clear,,,I meant it would become out of sight if he mounted it out front, where it operates from, it would then become out of sight. IMO, it should be mounted in the back room, where it gets serviced from, within sight of the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.