Power for medical equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npstewart

Im designing a room for a C-arm, which is basically just an xray machine with special capabilities. The patients lay down on a table, and the C-arm goes over them, its small with wheels. This machine is meant to be portable.
As magnificent as it sounds, it only takes about 1600W of power, which I will be putting on a 20/1 120V circuit, standard receptacle. My question is, given the circumstances, do I have to worry about any grounding issues etc for this installation because there are patients on the bed? Just looking for a couple design considerations basically. Thanks

Nick

Cavie

Im designing a room for a C-arm, which is basically just an xray machine with special capabilities. The patients lay down on a table, and the C-arm goes over them, its small with wheels. This machine is meant to be portable.
As magnificent as it sounds, it only takes about 1600W of power, which I will be putting on a 20/1 120V circuit, standard receptacle. My question is, given the circumstances, do I have to worry about any grounding issues etc for this installation because there are patients on the bed? Just looking for a couple design considerations basically. Thanks

Nick

Redundant grounding for the room it is used in.

Status
Not open for further replies.