other than 422.16(4)(5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendrix

Where can I find a combo, micro-hood art. that states individual branch circuitry. (with the exception of a receptacle for a gas range):-?

e57

Where can I find a combo, micro-hood art. that states individual branch circuitry. (with the exception of a receptacle for a gas range):-?
I don't think there is one???? It would otherwise fall under circuit sizing, and manufaturers instructions... Both could easily make a dedicated circuit required. (Depending on how it is installed as well)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Sorry, but I don't quite follow your shorthand abbreviations:
. . . combo, micro-hood art. . . .
Are you asking whether a microwave oven that sits over a range, and that has a fan that serves as a vent for the range, must be powered by a receptacle from a circuit that has no other outlets? If so, then I don't think that is a requirement. Depending on the rating of the microwave, it might be acceptable to share that circuit with other receptacles.

Hendrix

Sorry, but I don't quite follow your shorthand abbreviations:Are you asking whether a microwave oven that sits over a range, and that has a fan that serves as a vent for the range, must be powered by a receptacle from a circuit that has no other outlets? If so, then I don't think that is a requirement. Depending on the rating of the microwave, it might be acceptable to share that circuit with other receptacles.
Yes that is the question. I don't ever recall seeing a combination, hood and microwave that could, according to mfg. recomendations, serve other circuits. However I thought that I did see a code article that delt with this. Maybe I dreamed it :roll:

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
Yes that is the question. I don't ever recall seeing a combination, hood and microwave that could, according to mfg. recomendations, serve other circuits. However I thought that I did see a code article that delt with this. Maybe I dreamed it :roll:
422.16(B)(4) indirectly deals with combo hood/microwaves, in that it requires a cord and plug connected range hood to be on an individual branch circuit.

Oops, just saw the title to the first post, so I guess you know about that one. :)

Wayne

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Do you think your answer might lie in 210.23? That is what I had alluded to earlier, and I think it is what e57 was talking about as well.

Hendrix

Do you think your answer might lie in 210.23? That is what I had alluded to earlier, and I think it is what e57 was talking about as well.
Not exactly what I was looking for but it certainly would dissalow a microwave, hood combination to be wired with a dishwasher, wouldn't it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.