Conduit Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunt4679

Cordless sawzall Dewalt or Hilti are the only 2 I like The Makita and Ridgid are too big and bulky. But if I set up a work station I use the trusty Milwakee portaband. as far as a reamer get the Kline reamer for 1/2-1" Emt alot easier than a file

MJW

I have one of these and it works great for pvc. I have not tried it on emt but one of the blades they send with it is marked "emt". It doesn't seem to have a lot of power so I don't think it would work on pipe much bigger than 3/4". I usually use the old armstrong saw for emt up to 1 1/2".

Hackzall

Article 90.1

I'll second the Panasonic circular saw with metal blade. The thing cuts through strut in seconds, but sounds like 100 cats fighting-WEAR HEARING PROTECTION!

AzVoltage

Thanks for all the posts and suggestions! No, I don't cut unistrut with the tubing cutter! Good one though!

I have used my sawzall (Makita), but seems sloppy sometimes. Could be operator error, not sure. I was on a job where we were piping (EMT) and making lots of cuts. This was the time I realized that I need to be cutting with something else...circular saw, portable band, was not sure. I have used my friend's Panasonic and loved it, but I have not see that at our local stores (Phoenix). I am going to research some of the suggested tools and price them out.

Thanks again for the suggestions! I'll post what I end up with.

BTW, I love getting new tools! Especially ones that save me time and effort!

e57

Milwaulkee band saw - I loaned out my hack saw last year - yet to get it back - but it needed replacement anyway - just have not found the need.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
here is my cordless saw to cut conduit and strut

701-10_icon.jpg

They still make those. Where's the motor. where do you plug it in. It must take AAA's YEA:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.