periodic torque of switch gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

Could be, once again, we really don't know do we?

Roger

Since when do facts get in the way of our discussions? :) I have a feeling this is one of those dead end threads where the OP never comes back.

That being said, if this is for connections in switchgear and the decision to torque is made the right values should be used.

iwire

Staff member
That being said, if this is for connections in switchgear and the decision to torque is made the right values should be used.

But the question remains, are you saying that upon installation these should be checked or are you saying as a yearly exercise?

zog

But the question remains, are you saying that upon installation these should be checked or are you saying as a yearly exercise?

They should be torqued at installation and checked by the commisioning test engineer. After that I recomend testing them with a microhmeter during maintenence inspections.

iwire

Staff member
They should be torqued at installation and checked by the commisioning test engineer. After that I recomend testing them with a microhmeter during maintenence inspections.

So the answer to the OPs question ....

I have been unable to find in NEC,NFPA 70B or Stalcup's a requirement for periodic torque on switch gear for a facility. Is there a rule of thumb or did I completely miss it?

..... is there is not one, much like Roger mentioned in post 2. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.