close dryer requirment

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 if laundry rm will have a gas dryer am I still required to install a 4- wire outlet in new construction even though it would be nic to have the option is it a code violation if not installed and gas is installed.

#2 In res. dwelling that has plastic boxes installed for switches does it
violate 250.146 (b) to install plastic yoke switches that have no ground screw?

#3 Can anyone tell me what a (BUCANNON) is

480sparky

#1 if laundry rm will have a gas dryer am I still required to install a 4- wire outlet in new construction even though it would be nic to have the option is it a code violation if not installed and gas is installed.

No 30a required. Only a 20a 120v circuit. Installing a 30a 240v if there is no electric dryer is not a violation.

#2 In res. dwelling that has plastic boxes installed for switches does it violate 250.146 (b) to install plastic yoke switches that have no ground screw?

No

#3 Can anyone tell me what a (BUCANNON) is

Buchanan (Brand name, I think it belongs to Ideal now)

Copper sleeves used to crimp ground wires. Some are made with plastic cover.

buchanan.jpg

cpal

404.9 Provisions for General-Use Snap Switches.
(B) Grounding. Snap switches, including dimmer and similar control switches, shall be connected to an equipment grounding conductor and shall provide a means to connect metal faceplates to the equipment grounding conductor, whether or not a metal faceplate is installed. Snap switches shall be considered to be part of an effective ground-fault current path if either of the following conditions is met:
(1) The switch is mounted with metal screws to a metal box or metal cover that is connected to an equipment grounding conductor or to a nonmetallic box with integral means for connecting to an equipment grounding conductor.
(2) An equipment grounding conductor or equipment bonding jumper is connected to an equipment grounding termination of the snap switch.
Exception to (B): Where no means exists within the snap-switch enclosurefor connecting to the equipment grounding conductor orwhere the wiring method does not include or provide an equipmentgrounding conductor,a snap switch without a connectionto an equipment grounding conductorshall be permitted for replacement purposes only. A snap switch wired under the provisions of this exception and located within reach of earth, grade, conducting floors, or other conducting surfaces shall be provided with a faceplate of nonconducting, noncombustible material or shall be protected by a ground-fault circuit interrupter.

Status
Not open for further replies.